ucloud biz is using Intel Cloud Technology
ucloud DB(Database Service)
The first in the country! True Cloud Computing service!
Hard to construct database? Do you want to simply and promptly use as much as you need?
Make use of ucloud DB database service!
Easy and convenient management on database
- Functions required for database management including patch, setting, scale and monitoring can be automatically performed with simple web operations, which minimizes users' burdens on database management.
Easy database transfer
- You can easily use by interworking with ucloud DB service without modifying existing database applications and 3rd party tools.
Providing automatic patch function
- Application patch in database in use is automatically processed without separate management during the maintenance period set by users.
Optimization of computer resource management
- It can flexibly respond to increase in database usage through scaling function assigned to database and provides database setting optimized to the amount of computing resources in use.
- Items that users should notice with using database in real time are provided by monitoring.
Users can conveniently and quickly understand the current state of database they use through monitoring provided by ucloud DB service.
Multi Availability Zone
- Availability is enhanced as server can be respectively created in 2 zones (KOR-Central A/B, KOR-HA Zone) which are physically and geographically separated.
Comparison with physical servers DB
|Classification||Physical server-based Database||ucloud DB|
|Cost Reduction||- Purchasing cost for Hardware including spare capacity
Operation costs such as Network/Field/Electricity incurred
Sunk costs incurred when terminating a period necessary
|- Use of capacity as much as needed, Charged by usage
- Reduction on additional operation costs
- No sunk costs incurred when terminating service
|Extendability||- Limited physical capacity on an existing system
- Addition/Replacement of Hardware required for expanding capacity
|- Able to easily expand by adding virtual server(VM)|
|Promptness||Installation time such as Delivery and Installation required||- Service provided within 5 minutes by automatically assigning resources
- Providing ADMIN function as service
|Stability||Out of service with Hardware errors
- System Redundancy required in case of errors.
|- Switch to spare Cloud resources, Prompt recovery from errors
- System Redundancy Unnecessary
- Providing Read Replica-based extendability
- As web applications are highly subject to horizontal expansion (Scale Out) due to characteristics of service, ucloud DB is equipped with extendability to respond to this trend In regard to extendability from the view of database reading and writing, most of web applications involve more reading operations than that of writing.
To support this kind of characteristic, Read Replica-oriented expandability is provided.
- Function of creating Read Replica
- Function of controlling Read Replica
- Function of Creating/Deleting/controlling DB Instance
- Function of management and control in Replica Group
- Function of Binary Log management
- Supporting MY-SQL Multi Version
- It provides a function to add InnoDB engine of MY-SQL 5.5 version to service which is more stable than MY-SQL 5.1 currently offered by ucloud DB and is with 3-4 times stronger performance at maximum.
- Function to manage MY-SQL 5.5 template
- Function to manage MY-SQL 5.5 parameter
- Function to manage MY-SQL Multi Version
- Security Function Enhancement
- One of the biggest issues of Cloud service is security.
By enhancing security for prevention of hacking on users' systems and enabling users to safely use service, users can take advantage of network security function which blocks inappropriate network access or permits network access only in a certain system.
- Function to manage database access control group
- Function of applying and managing rules on groups of access restrictions
- Management on item of DB Instance access control
- Function to issue and manage ucloud DB certificate
- Function to manage MY-SQL TLS secure access
- Function of firewall management
- Providing Open API function
- Functions of ucloud DB service currently provided by web portal are offered as Open API in accordance with KT standard.
- Providing high specification database VM
- High specification database VM(12vCore 32GB) of Scale Up structure is provided to customers demanding high-performance database.
- Supporting Cent OS(64 bit) 32GB memory
- Creating and managing high specification ucloud DB template
- Providing expansion in range of DB tuning parameter setting
- Database tuning parameters that customers can directly set are provided from expanding by 50 items.
- Function to set up MY-SQL 5.1 parameter added
- Function to set up MY-SQL 5.5 parameter added
- Providing record on additional parameter setting and function of application
- Advancement of user and administrator function
- Existing user UX is improved and API functions for admnistrators are provided.
|OS & DB||- Linux(CentOS)
- MY-SQL 5.1 community version
|- Providing default Admin function for use of DataBase|
- Add Capacity
- Product Change (scale up/down by selecting superordinate product)
- Parameter Management
(Unit : (USD)/GB, VAT excluded)
Specification included in Default Monthly Rate(month) Hourly Rate(hour) CPU Memory Disk (vCore) (GB) (GB) 1 1 100 28 0.040 1 2 43 0.060 2 2 57 0.080 2 4 84 0.118 2 8 140 0.195 4 4 113 0.157 4 8 169 0.235 4 16 279 0.388 8 8 227 0.315 8 16 337 0.468 8 32 557 0.774 12 16 394 0.547 12 32 615 0.855
per add 10GB per month 0.631 per hour 0.001
백업 추가 요금표 Storage (Data Region) per 10GB per month 1 per hour 0.001
Monthly usage less than 100 GB per VM Free Monthly usage by customer (on an ID basis) over 100 GB Refer to the table below. Classification Application by VM Application by Customer (by ID) Less than 100 GB per VM 100 GB ~ 10 TB 10 TB ~ 20 TB Over 20TB Discount rate - - 11% 22% Rate by Section 0 0.082 0.073 0.064
* Public IP Usage Section (including both of Upload/Download) network usage-based charging
Charging example of Cloud Server (2 VM), monthly usage of 13TB
* 1,086 [(100GB*2*0won) + (10TB - 100GB * 2) * 0.085 + (13TB - 10TB) * 0.075]
* Calculation based on accumulation by monthly unit (In case of a customer using short-time plan, above data transmission amount is charged by monthly accumulation regardless of termination.)
ucloud DB user manualhttps://ucloudbiz.olleh.com/en_manual/ucloud_DB_Service_User_Guide.pdf